Alexei replied that new fora can be requested by sending a note to
dwfo...@us.ibm.com. Including the required info below. While the ibm
newsgroups have mostly been silent for many years, I still had them on
my list. It's a shame they never got the kind of use that I thought they
would. The only one with any real activity that I was watching was the
TCP one and I'm guessing that that at least will be missed.

---

   Hi Don,
   Below is the form and contact to apply for a new web forum on the dW
   server:

   ----
   Requests for new developerWorks forums should be sent to:
   dwfo...@us.ibm.com
   We will respond to the requestor with an e-mail containing the
   following form to be filled out and returned:

   Requestor:
   dW zone
   (primary, secondary):
   Forum title: