On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 08:47:25 -0600, Zaromil Tisler wrote:

>Sorry for the late comment.
>
>I use PersComm with 62x160 screen size.
>
>If I define Screen format Std in Settings pannel, I get
>       =PROF> ....ISFEDIT (VARIABLE - 81)
>
>If I define Screen format Max in Settings pannel, I get
>        =PROF> ....ISFEDIT (VARIABLE - 161)
>
>in the JCLEDIT.

I looked a little further and found PQ33347 -- pretty much WAD.

So it appears to use screen width + 1.  And older releases would
truncate my JCL if it was wider than the screen.  That appears
to have been fixed (I can't find an APAR).  Now it appears to
use max( LRECL, screen width ) + 1.  It might make more sense to
use max( LRECL + 1, screen width ).

Thanks,
gil