Bob wrote:
During a recent CPU upgrade from a z9 to a z10, it would really have helped if
we could have pretested the new s/w licenses for the 2097 on the old 2094.
Anyone know of a free or low cost way to do this (to allow the software
vendors to sleep better during the cut over).
We did get a few licenses that were usable on both platforms - of course one
of the ones that didn't, caused us some grief.

I doubt software vendors would sleep better if this capability existed. ;-)

Humans make mistakes from time to time.Our license strings come with embedded grace periods that allow days or weeks of execution in unlicensed environments to ensure uninterrupted operation during any cut-over--even if a mistake was made.

--
Edward E Jaffe
Phoenix Software International, Inc