*-----------------------------------------------------------------
         LOAD  EP=MYPROG,
               GLOBAL=YES
*
         LR    R2,R0                  SAVE ADDRESS
*
         XC    ETD_1(ET_LEN),ETD_1  CLEAR TO X'00'
         MVC   ETD_1(ET_LEN),ETDESC MOVE IN TABLE ENTRIES
*
         ETDEF TYPE=SET,HEADER=ETD_1,NUMETE=1
*
         MVI   ETD_2,0             ONE ENTRY
*
         L     R9,TOKEN            POINT TO THE CALL TOKEN
*
         ETDEF TYPE=SET,ETEADR=ETD_2,ROUTINE=(R2),SSWITCH=YES,
               STATE=SUPERVISOR,AKM=(0:15),EKM=0,PC=STACKING,
               SASN=OLD,ASCMODE=AR
*

        MVC   LX_COUNT,=F'1'

        LXRES LXLIST=LX_LIST,SYSTEM=YES,MF=(E,LX_DSECT)

        MVC   HERCPC,LX_VALUE           MOVE PC NUMBER

        LA    R7,ETD_1

        ETCRE ENTRIES=(R7)             NO NEED TO "OR"

        ST    R0,TKVALUE              ONLY 1 PC ENTRY
        MVC   TKCOUNT,=F'1'

     CONNECT IT

        ETCON LXLIST=LX_LIST,TKLIST=TKL,MF=(E,ETCON_DSCT)

*
*   CONSTANTS
*

ETDESC   ETDEF TYPE=INITIAL
*
ETD      ETDEF TYPE=ENTRY,ROUTINE=*-*,SSWITCH=YES,                     X
               STATE=SUPERVISOR,AKM=(0:15),EKM=0,PC=STACKING
*
         ETDEF TYPE=FINAL
ET_LEN   EQU   *-ETDESC

*
*  DSECTED VALUES
*
*    LAYOUT OF ETDEF TABLES                                *
ETD_1    ETDEF TYPE=INITIAL
*
ETD_2    ETDEF TYPE=ENTRY,ROUTINE=*-*,SSWITCH=YES,                     X
               STATE=SUPERVISOR,AKM=(0:15),EKM=0,PC=STACKING
*
         ETDEF TYPE=FINAL
*
ETCON_DSCT  ETCON LXLIST=LX_LIST,TKLIST=TKL,MF=L

Thinking the only possible thing was the program I

1) loaded into global

2) Loaded into MLPA

   BUT STILL THE etcon ABENDS