Victor Gil wrote on 10/11/2005 12:38:30 PM:

> Frank,
>
> Thanks a lot for responding. Let me rephrase the question -
>
> While migrating off SYNCSORT to DFSORT in a shop that heavily uses
internal
> sort calls from Cobol, Assembler and [possibly] PL/I, what would be
> the "guesstimated" changes, if any, to the source code?
>
> I am not talking about the JCL changes [which, as I unaderstand, can be
> automated]

Minimal.  Those interfaces are pretty much identical between the two
products AFAIK.  You might or might not want to change a few of the shipped
DFSORT installation defaults to make DFSORT act more like Syncsort (e.g.
CHECK and EXITCK).  The DFSORT documents I offered cover that.

Frank Yaeger - DFSORT Team (IBM)
 Specialties: ICETOOL, IFTHEN, OVERLAY, Symbols, Migration
 => DFSORT/MVS is on the Web at http://www.ibm.com/storage/dfsort/