From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of John Mitchelle
Sent: Friday, December 04, 2009 10:57
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: CF LPAR MIPS Utilisation

Hi,

I have 936 MIPS processor Z02-2096 z9BC

I have 4 LPARS and 2 CF LPARs

SYSA (Prod)

SYSB (Dev)

SYSC (Test)

SYSD (Maint)

SYCF1

SYCF2

Both CPU Engines are online across all LPAR's.

Wts are in such a way that MIPS Allocation are

650 for SYSA

50  for SYSB

50  for SYSC

50  for SYSD

100 MIPS for SYCF1 and

36  MIPS for SYCF2 ,

SYSA is UNCAPPED and SYSB, SYSC and  SYSD are CAPPED.

Recently we are having issues related to MIPS capacity.

I am aware that in case SYSA needs more capacity then it can take from
SYSB,SYSC,SYSD if       available.

However, was wondering whether system will allow to take MIPS from
Coupling Facility LPAR's as well or not if available ?

These are the structures in use for CF

ISGLOCK
IXCXCF1
IXCXCF2

Is there any advantage in getting rid of these coupling facility ?
Will that give us comfort ofhaving these additional MIPS ?

John