Hi Gilbert,

.

We have VPS also.  IMHO the answer is "it depends" If you have multiple hosts
sending to a virtual or real  printer, and if the mutliple hosts get busy
sending at close to the same time, it can cause contention.  You can determine
if either of these is happening by reviewing the VPS log.  For example -

VPS382E VPSIP DVRPD010 TCPIP ERROR=CONNECTION REFUSED
VPS318N VPSIP SESSION REJECTED FOR DVRPD010
If you have exit 8 or  the equivalent, it will be
re-tried.

Also, if you are sending bursts of small prints from the same host , you could
run out of the default range of logical ports.

VPS387E VPSIP DVNMJE07 TCPIP CONNECTION NOT AVAILABLE - REASON=HOST ADDRESS IN
USE
VPS318N VPSIP SESSION REJECTED FOR DVNMJE07

For this one, you can add additional logical ports in the VPS definition
member.  That works to a point.

Can you post the results of this command?

F VPS,DIS,prtid,*

That result would give us a much better peek at how the printer is defined.
The contents of the individual printer definition member only give part of the
picture.

Thanks,

Linda Mooney