There are no RACF messages logged and the RACF police assure me we're
RACF authorized.

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of Hayim Sokolsky
Sent: Tuesday, December 08, 2009 10:29 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: ACCOUNT Command Authorization in TSO

Actually this may be a RACF issue. (Assuming you're running RACF, not
ACF/2 or TSS...)

The ability to use the ACCOUNT command is derived from one of two
places:
1. RACF defined user with RACF TSO segment
In this case it uses the RACF TSOAUTH resource ACCT. Like most (JCL,
etc..
but not all) the TSOAUTH resources, it is evaluated at TSO logon, and a
bit is set in the TSB indicating the user has ACCOUNT.

2. Non-RACF defined user, or RACF user without TSO segment
In this case the user's UADS entry defines if the user has ACCOUNT
authority.

Hayim
_____________________________________
Hayim Sokolsky, CISSP
    Mainframe Security Architect
    DTCC Corporate Information Security
    18301 Bermuda Green Dr, MS 1-CIS
    Tampa FL 33647-1760

    Tel. (813) 470-2177

"Miller, Pat" <pat.mil...@trs.state.tx.us>
Sent by: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu>
2009.12.08 11:21
Please respond to
IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu>

IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
cc

Subject
ACCOUNT Command Authorization in TSO

I'm sure there's a simple way out of this, but danged if I can find it.
I'm getting this trying to use the ACCOUNT command:

IKJ56553I COMMAND NOT AUTHORIZED FOR TRS760+
 IKJ56553I YOUR INSTALLATION MUST AUTHORIZE USE OF THIS COMMAND

It's not a RACF issue and it's in IKJTSOxx.

It would appear that you have to use the ACCOUNT command to authorize
the ACCOUNT command for a TSO user, but even the IBMUSER account is not
so authorized.

It seems like have to do this every 4 or 5 years but I can't remember
how to make it work.  Now, where did I leave my car keys ...?

<FONT size=2><BR>
DTCC DISCLAIMER: This email and any files transmitted with it are
confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or
entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email
in error, please notify us immediately and delete the email and any
attachments from your system. The recipient should check this email
and any attachments for the presence of viruses.  The company
accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted
by this email.</FONT>