From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of Brian Westerman
Sent: Wednesday, December 16, 2009 12:23 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: old manuals

Hi,

Does anyone still have any copies of the old Syncsort product manuals
from
before about 1994 to 96?  A friend of mine has asked me if I could help
locate one for him and I told him that I would post to the forum to see.

He said that he is working with a site that is running 1 application on
processor that is quite backlevel and still running syncsort release 3.5
and
he is trying to find out where things are and how to use them.  I
pointed
him to the current manuals but he said that while it was better than
what he
already has (nothing) that it would help him if he had some from about
that
time.  He said that they are apparently using the old Syncsort to parse
some
data before it goes into a SAS process, apparently (according to him)
SAS
didn't process large numbers of these types of records very well back
then
so they apparently use Syncsort to process them in a single pass, (which
is
the part he needs to alter).

Please send me a email if you have one you can spare a copy of.

Brian

Brian_Westerman at SyzygyInc.com

  • old manuals Brian Westerman
    • Re: old manuals Reda, John