-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of Edward Jaffe
Sent: Wednesday, December 16, 2009 11:08 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: PSATOLD = 0 when under "PRB" !?!?

Thompson, Steve wrote:
> So the question that I have is, under what conditions can PSATOLD be
> zero? From days gone by, this would seem to be some kind of
dispatching
> bug if this is not set prior to dispatching a program that is PRB
based.

Our code uses PSATOLD=0 as a way to check whether we're in SRB mode.
<SNIP>

We have NO SRB code in this case. NONE, NADA, ZILCH.

But the code path taken is only done with PSATOLD = zero.

There are two of us here who say this is impossible (I'm one). But here
we are, and we have seen this at 1.7, 1.9, and 1.10 (that I know about).
And it is only here and there.

So there must be some other way for PSATOLD to be zero. And that's all
I'm asking: SRB does it, what else does it? Do IRBs? Because we do use
IRBs from time to time (we do use VTAM).

Regards,
Steve Thompson