Lloyd

>...> The US Army used 360/30 and 360/40s in 18-wheel trailers back in the
early 1960s ...

That'll be the *late* '60s.

> These were batch machines running DOS/VS.

... and it will have been DOS/360 not DOS/VS. "VS" did not burst onto
the "360 GT" (370) commercial customer scene until 1972.

Chris Mason

On Mon, 7 Dec 2009 13:05:16 -0800, Lloyd Fuller <leful...@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:

>Mouse?  the only stinking mouse was the one eating the punch cards!  These
were batch machines running DOS/VS.

>They did have lots of cable and the installations that I saw were REAL
careful about what kind of traffic even came close to the trailers.  In fact
even foot traffic was discouraged!

<steve_thomp...@stercomm.com> wrote:

>> From: Thompson, Steve <steve_thomp...@stercomm.com>
>> Subject: Re: "Portable" data centers (was RE: Small Server Mob