Imagine extending case sensitivity to font sensitivity. If the file system
allowed file names to be font sensitive, so that font characteristics like
bold, italics, underline, color, etc. made a difference. Then foo [in blue],
foo [in red], foo [in green] would be different files. Just think how
expressive the user's file names could be. Allowing the user specify the
font characteristics to be used when displaying/listing file names might be
strange, but requiring font characteristics to match in order to manipulate
a file would be a nightmare in Technicolor.

With that insanity in mind, I'm happy with a file system that keeps my case
intact when it displays my files names, but does not force me to use the
same case to manipulate my files (that's expressive enough for me).