I hear the same thing from customers: "ooh, I don't like PDSE's."

(cf. John McKown's post this morning on why JCL continues to be so bad.)

Charles

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf
Of Steve Austin
Sent: Monday, January 04, 2010 4:24 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: Assembler program calling a 'C' program with mixed case long
names

The code I am writing is a prototype, but it is intended that something
like it will be shipped to customers in time.
I don't know that PDSE usage will be an issue to anyone, but experiece
suggests that someone will at least question the requirement, so for the
time being I'm avoiding using a PDSE.

Steve