-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of Scott
Sent: Monday, January 04, 2010 2:44 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: Regina REXX under W/XP

Just to be sure, you have written a REXX program for Windows before?
You
can make a program run and 'SAY' some jibberish on the screen?
<SNIP>

Yes, a few years ago using NT.

<SNIP>
I don't want to assume too much and I'm not trying to be patronizing :)

Are you opening a file inside the REXX?  If so, how are you accessing
that
file?
<SNIP>
Yes, I am opening a file, but we haven't even gotten to the first line
of executable code, which is TRACE "I".

<snip>

What are you using to edit the REXX program?  What format is the file?
UTF-8 or ASCII?  What line-endings did you specify?  Windows uses CR+LF,
while UNIX uses LF, and z/OS uses steam-powered wooden cogs.
<SNIP>
"(editing it with NOTEPAD)"
<SNIPPAGE>

Regards,