The troubleshooting *I've* done is quite minimal. I'm not an MVS sys
prog. I developed a TSO clist (REXX) that runs as a batch process
(PGM=IKJEFT1A) to send files to a zLinux system. It was all working
fine, I saw the messages about "successful negotiation", and the
transfer continued successfully.

A few weeks ago, that changed... now I get "negotiation failed", and
the "required" authentication causes FTP to exit.
(At first I thought my cert had expired... I went through all that...)

In reporting this to our MVS people, they did a trace and determined
the cause to be a firewall issue. They say the cert is being
mangled... you say it's due to not being able to monitor the control
channel.

FTP fails with "TLS negotion Failed".

Now that the holidays are past, I hope to get to the correct people to
find out when things changed. As I mentioned, this was working fine at
one point.

I'm told the firewall has to be specifically configured for FTP/SSL...
and those requests were never done... (So, why did it ever work? hmmm)