Tom Quarendon wrote:
IMO, writing an exit in LE C/C++ just isn't worth the hassle. To write a
proper glue code stub you will need to call your C program via the LE
CEEPIPI service. Trying to get the CAA from the TCB is a shot in the
dark as each ISPF screen runs in a subtask, and IIRC using the SELECT
CMD(...) service will use ATTACH. I'm not sure what TCB in the hierarchy
LE stores the CAA.

Check out the Metal/C or Systems Programming C (SPC) features of the
compiler, both of which will suffice for writing an exit.

Unfortunately the exit is part of a larger product and needs to access a body
of language
environment C++ code, so it has to be written in a way compatible with that.
If I can work out the necessary glue to get the LE hooked up then that's largely
all I need. I've made some progress, but so far not enough.

If that's the cast you need CEEPIPI. Call it once to initialize the persistent LE environment and then to call your routine with the environment token. You will have to stash away the environment token somewhere, name/token services should work.

database 4754 (20100108) __________

http://www.eset.com