Michael,

Thanks for the response.  It turned out the alias never existed.  So I had
no records for it.

It was a somewhat interesting problem.

The USER= on the jobcard was not a real ID or alias.  But when a control
block in LE was damaged, the HLQ for the dataset LE wanted to create the
dump it was the USER=.  So it looked like an alias was missing, but there
was not one.  So the job got a 913 trying to catalog it in the Master Cat.
And since we also have DTS software (SRS) it tried to recatalog the dataset
giving a NOT CAT 2.  This was one case where too many support software
products just made the analysis a little more confused.

Over all, an interesting analysis.

Lizette