No, and I didn't mean to imply that it was.

We use native high-capacity cartridges for ML2.  It has its own management
challenges of course, but is working well for us right now.

One question often comes up when discussing using tapeless systems for ML2:
If I'm going to have it on disk anyway, why did I migrate it?

The question gets into muddy areas because the DS8xxx series has options for
adding lower-cost and/or lower-performance drives,  which are primarily aimed
at the same use cases as tape.  So - do you send ML2 to those types of
drives?

Offsite storage also presents questions:  do you let your 'tapeless' virtual
tape
system replicate its back-end disk, or do you just replicate your DS8xxx
system and avoid going to 'tape' at all?