On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 14:49:16 -0600, Dennis Trojak
<dennis.tro...@radioshack.com> wrote:

>Maybe someone on the list can help since IBM is going around in circles
>trying to identify where my problem is.
>I am trying to run an IBM supplied JAVA script for a z/OS product
>installation from a TELNET session in my Windows DOS command screen. It
>cannot be run from ISHELL or OMVS. When I TELNET to my z/OS host I am
>getting a region size of 54M as shown by a monitor product and this is
>NOT acceptable to Java. They have locked onto the 54M and say it must be
>an IEFUSI problem even though the only one installed is the dummy in
>SYS1.LPALIB. I also do NOT have IEFUSI specified in the SMF parms for
>OMVS. Curiously enough when I check the INETD process it also has 54M
>which may be the source of the error but again I have no idea why it
>would default to that.
>My ISHELL/OMVS sessions get 200M as requested on the TSO LOGON so at
>least that part is working correctly.
>Since the Java folks don't speak SMF or IEFUSI and the z/OS folks don't
>speak Java/USS, does anybody out there recognize what is really
>happening?
>Dennis

That is the default region size requested.   So if IEFUSI or MAXASSIZE (in
BPXPRMxx) or ASSIZEMAX in the OMVS segment doesn't make it
bigger, I guess that is what you would actually get.  But the default
MAXASSIZE is something like 200M.

To verify what you are really getting, you may want to install my
REXXSTOR exec from my web site or CBT file 434 and run it
from the telnet session.

Mark
--
Mark Zelden