From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu]on
Behalf Of Vernooij, CP - SPLXM
Sent: Wednesday, January 13, 2010 8:43 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: FW: Prod datasets VAULTing na expiration

Russel,

One additional question: does CA-1 uncatalog the tapes when their
expiration date has come and they are moved to the WAIT vault? If so,
they look the same as SMS datasets: the seem to be gone, but a backup is
still available for exceptional cases. If they remain cataloged, the
user can still see them and might complain about paying for tapes, that
he does not need anymore.

Kees.