that has been posted to bit.listserv.ibm-main,alt.folklore.computers as well.

Anne & Lynn Wheeler <l...@garlic.com> writes:
> my gcard.html ... was q&d conversion of (CMS) IOS3270 file that was
> widely available internally, I wasn't the original author, but had added
> the *sense* information in the file ... most of which came from the
> 360/67 (blue) "reference card"; see bottom of web page for original
> attribution.

re:
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2010b.html#44 sysout using machine control instead
of ANSI control

360/67 blue "reference card" was filled in with lots of sense info for
various devices ... except for A220 (HYPERChannel link adapter) which I
added ... I was using lots of HYPERChannel boxes in various HSDT
activities
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/subnetwork.html#hsdt

This particular 360/67 "reference card" is stamped with "M"s name (I
must have borrowed and never returned). GML had been invented in 1969 by
"G", "M", and "L" (first letter of their last names) at the science
center ... which later was standardized as SGML ... misc. past posts
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/submain.html#sgml

SGML then morphed into HTML, XML, etc ... old description of the
evolution:
http://infomesh.net/html/history/early

and then the first webserver outside cern is slac/vm system
http://www.slac.stanford.edu/history/earlyweb/history.shtml

... cern & slac were sister institutions ... sharing a lot of technology
and applications ... both were on BITNET/EARN (educational network using
similar RSCS technology used for internal network)

long-winded recent post with old early 90s information from netinfo
center ... including long extract about EARN
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2010b.htmL#36 Happy DEC-10 Day

I've lots of bits and pieces from such places from the late 80s & early
90s. I had bunch of CMS execs that I would periodically execute which
would go out to various places on the internet and check for new/change
files ... and then pull off new/changed stuff. other references to
archive
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2010b.html#23 Happy DEC-10 Day
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2010b.html#33 Happy DEC-10 Day
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2010b.html#34 Happy DEC-10 Day

for other drift ... old email related to nsfnet backbone
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/lhwemail.html#nsfnet

--
40+yrs virtualization experience (since Jan68), online at home since Mar1970