Lindy Mayfield wrote:
Lindy is only trying to understand the code that Fred and his team spent a portion of a billion dollars writing. I fear that getting it running on Hercules would be a wonderful challenge, but in the end a letdown because once it is running I wouldn't be able to do much. I'm happy traipsing through the code. I thought that starting with the first OS that ran on S/360 would be a good starting place.

Wait wait wait...

Running OS/360 on herc is trivial (besides the ASCII bit)..

--Ivan

(PS : Gracious ! Would I like the list owner to allow S/MIME signed messages through... I keep on getting bounced - and having to send the message without digital signature.. Ah.. no biggy.. I'll manage).