Floor space may be a bigger issue than money here. I know part of the space
that will be freed up has already been promised to the server side. It will
allow them to spread racks right on up the wall from where they are now.
You're right we already own the 3480s. If it were up to me, I'd drop down from
our 12 drives to 4 and keep them. But as you said, you don't understand our
management... neither do we!!

Robert

As other responded, nobody uses 3592 format for software delivery.

However I don't understand your mgmt: you *already have* 3480 drives.
What is the cost to keep it ? Floor space ? Power consumption ?
Maintenance ?
I would leave it and drop any maintenance contracts. Assuming you have
more than one drive, it is no big problem to repair it in case of
failure. It's not mission critical equipment.

--
Radoslaw Skorupka
Lodz, Poland

privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
message.