>Good answer :-)
>
>Now, how do I override that? Is there a JCL parameter?

I used release immediate on a management class *once* and quickly changed it.
Your storage admin may have coded the acs routine to accept a management class
value passed in via jcl but not likely. You can use idcams alter to change the
management class to get around it quickly but you will need to work with your
storage admin to remove the immediate release from the management class or
assign a different management class to your PDSE. Re-allocating the PDSE
without either change will get you back to where you are.
Regards,
John