On Thu, 28 Jan 2010 21:34:53 +0000, Ted MacNEIL <eamacn...@yahoo.ca> wrote:

>>>Also, there are many issues with non-SMS PDSE's.
>
>>Care to elaborate on what you think those issues are?
>

>There is the buffering/potential corruption of shared PDSE's.

Nothing to do with SMS vs. NON-SMS PDSE.

>The 100's of PTF's that came out a few years ago.

Nothing to do with SMS vs. NON-SMS PDSE.   There have been many
PTFS, but you can say that for any component (how about SMSVSAM
for example).  The actual support for non-SMS PDSE was only a few
PTFs.

>And, the separate code streams to manage them within and without SMS.

Only IBM can answer that,  if there is some specific dual path code for
PDSE to check if it is SMS managed or not, I still don't see that as
an issue.  The OS is full of dual code paths for various reasons and
that doesn't make it a "issue".

Large parts of the OS are delivered and run from non-SMS PDSE these
days.  How much of an issue can it be?

Mark
--
Mark Zelden