From: larry macioce [mailto:mace1...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, January 29, 2010 9:00 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: assembler to cobol conversion question

We are trying to move aways from assembler to cobol in batch.
One of the programmers has a question. He asked me if there is a cobol
equivalent to assemblers 'abend'
He has done some reading and tried what was given but is having no luck
getting the return code he wants into it
He can get it to abend but the s0c7 overrides the value he wants to put in
the field.
I've looked around but havent been able to help him
Can and how is this done??
TiA
Mace