To be fair I should say while I use Vista we make extensive use of IBM
Host on Demand across the Enterprise and it is our preferred TN3270
platform for most folks.  New users are not provisioned with Windows
PCOM but rather instructed to use HOD.  HOD is not too bad except when
it upgrades and requires you to reinstall the "right" Java.

http://www.ibm.com/software/webservers/hostondemand/

I bought a copy of the IBM Host Access Client Package for myself to get
my own licensed copy of PCOM for use at home a couple years ago and it
set me back $300.  PCOM is not very reasonably priced for the
individual.  I don't know what corporate volume pricing is like.

http://www.ibm.com/software/network/hostaccess/

PCOM has a large footprint but having worked on the other end of support
for extended 3270 data streams it is the gold standard for accurate
emulation.

HOD certainly does offer an economy of scale.

        Best Regards,

                Sam Knutson, GEICO
                Performance and Availability Management
                mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                (office)  301.986.3574

No stream rises higher than its source. What ever man might build could
never express or reflect more than he was. He could record neither more
nor less than he had learned of life when the buildings were built. -
Frank Lloyd Wright