>The highest exvel I've used so far is 30 for the online workload (IMS,
>DB2). If I want limit donations from that online workload so I should
>define a higher exvel than 30?
yes. That's how my odd exvel31 came about.

>I don't mind if higher prio work is assigned less resources under capping,
>but not SYSSTC and SYSTEM. A delay of 75 for TCPIP is not acceptable.
well, it might help if you bump up the exvel30 to exvel31. That *should*
prevent discretionary from running.

>I think when a PING is a response from TCPIP then it includes the time in
>mainframe.
I'll take your word for that.

>> Who is using the processor when TCPIP has delays?
>Mainly the batch jobs (DISCRETIONARY).
I think the 'function' I meant is blocked workload support (oa17735, oa22443
to change the default). For 1.9 and up it is enabled by default, which would
also explain a lower priority address space running when sysstc is not. That
might run counter to an exvel goal of 31.

Actually, at the time of capping (and tcpip NOT running), do you have service
classes with a PI of less than 3? Less than 1?

Did this come up because of complaints of slow tcpip response?

Regards, Barbara