-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List On Behalf Of Steve Comstock
Sent: Thursday, February 04, 2010 6:57 AM

A more likely cause has surfaced: at Mark's suggestion I
took a look a the allocation attributes of the SPFTEMP0.CNTL
data set, and it had LRECL or 80 and BLKSIZE of 800. Now you
may recall that one of the symptoms was SDSF only showed my
input as 10 lines of JCL. It's possible that only one block
was being read in, then maybe an I/O error (bad block) kept
the rest of the JCL out and that one block was passed to
the Converter.

Hard to be sure, and we're running under z/VM so there's
several layers of code here.

Since the problem has gone away, I'm moving on.