I stand corrected.  We must have been on V8 long enough for V7
"64-bit-backed" to mind-morph into "64-bit-addressable".  The net effect
as you mention was that by using one or more dataspaces for buffer
pools,  DB2 V7 was no longer bound by the 2GiB limit for total virtual
space or total real storage utilization.
   JC Ewing

--
Joel C. Ewing, Fort Smith, AR        jremoveccapsew...@acm.org