> We have two ESS800 in two locations with PPRC v2.  We plan to power-off
> ESS_A (primary) for realocation (1-2 hours). For this period of time
> system and application will be stopped.
> During this time we don’t plan to start system in secondary location, so
> there will be no update on ESS_B

> I’m looking for a safe procedure to power-off ESS_A with existing PPRC
> and I don’t want to perform ‘initial copy’ after procedure.

My opinion, assuming all systems are down during the relocation:
Method 1:
- Stopping all systems leaves the volumes in sync. You don't have to do
anything.

Method 2:

- before you power down a box, "Delete pair"
- after the relocation "establish nocopy"

Question: Do you make any changes in the GDPS DASD configuration (e.g. pprc
links)?

Zaromil