J.)

> There is an SNA Control Vector (CV) defined to allow a TN3270E server
> pass the IP address to TSO. I know that TPX does not pass it on. What
> session managers do pass it on?
>
> The reason for the question is that the support for WorkStation Agent
> (WSA) includes automatically extracting the IP address. The function
works
> fine when directly logging on to TSO, but doesn't work when logging on
> normally via, e.g., TPX.

I had thought that Netview Access Services (NVAS) did, but apparently it
does not.  I don't see a DFHZC6908 message for any NVAS virtual terminal
in our CICS message log, but every "direct" tn3270 session initiation
has one:

DFHZC6908 I 02/11/2010 07:33:44 <CICS_APPLID> Autoinstall in progress
for netname <LUNAME>. TN3270 IP address is <IP_ADDR:PORT_NUMBER>.

But *ALL* terminals generate a DFHZC6907 message at session initiation:

DFHZC6907 I 02/11/2010 07:33:41 <CICS_APPLID> Autoinstall starting for
netname <LUNAME>. Network qualified name is <NETID.LUNAME>.

    -jc-