On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 15:31:45 -0600, Brian Peterson wrote:

>1) You should look in SMP/E Reference for the definition of the DDDEF
>keywords.  For example:
>
>o   SYSOUT is mutually exclusive with BLOCK, CYLINDER, TRACK, CONCAT,
>    PATH, and DATASET.

Ugh!  So the Commands manual doesn't tell me the whole truth
about the command syntax.

>2) I don't see how OUTLIM would be remotely useful in SMP/E, as the default
>result of exceeding an OUTLIM limit is the system cancels the job.  I
>certainly would NOT want that to happen to any SMP/E job I run....

A tester reported to me that he was seeing such as:

    $HASP375 I70APP  ESTIMATE EXCEEDED BY  470,000 LINES  1 % SPOOL

... I was actually seeking to increase it.  Should I be
looking at the LINES parameter of the JOB statement instead.
How does that interact with installation limits and exits?

Thanks,
gil