On 02/17/10 10:39, MONTERO ROMERO, ENRIQUE ELOI wrote:
Hi team,

I mean, we are evaluating the way to encrypt the data saved into cartridges or
tapes.
Is there some way to activate the tape encryption with RMM?
Is it a software or Hardware functionality?

Which is the easiest way to start encrypting our tapes?

Best regards,

Enrique Montero.

We use IBM's 3592 Tape Encryption technology for all our tape encryption needs. Any software based tape encryption is going to cost CPU cycles whereas offloading the encryption/decryption to the hardware we've found to be a cost effective solution.

--
Mark Jacobs
Time Customer Service

I never make stupid mistake, only very, very clever ones.

Doctor Who