On Oct 18, 2005, at 6:10 AM, Mark Jacobs wrote:

On Tuesday 18 October 2005 03:37 am, Barbara Nitz wrote:
Had the same problem. See my post on the subject for how
I handled it. I can't even image having to edit over 1000
profiles.

In my case it was about 450 profiles. (Just finished the last today). We don't have the ISF exit, and new exits aer very much frowned upon as there aren't enough people around here who can read/write/change an Assembler
program.

So managements solution to lack of assembler knowledge isn't to train new
people, instead they will restrict usage of the language.

That path leads towards madness.

Mark:

I disagree. The problem is (the way I see it) is that assembler people are hard to come by and if a program burps there may not be anyone around to fix the program.

The shop I am familiar with had a no assembler policy. Worked vary well even if a cobol (they were 100 percent cobol) program burped in the middle of the night, some one could step up to the plate and fix it.

Ed