From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
larry macioce
Sent: Monday, February 22, 2010 8:49 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: catalog a vsam dataset in another catalog ?

At first this sounds easy but let me explain:
I am working on putting up a COD..not the fish as we are coming from an
unsupported z/os .
I'd like to use my current IODF (or even the previous one) but herein lies
the problem.
I DON'T want to let the COD touch my catalog as it is interwined with my
production catalog...not I didn't do this someone else had the bright idea.
So what i want to do is copy the IODF and place it on the COD res pack
WITHOUT bringing up the COD(as it wouldn't work anyway)
Is there a way to do this?
thanks
mace

intended