I believe that the IODF is one of the special cases that does not have to be
cataloged. That said, I found that both the old and new IODF needs to be
cataloged to perform a dynamic change.

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
John Kelly
Sent: Monday, February 22, 2010 10:04 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: catalog a vsam dataset in another catalog ?

<snip>
So what i want to do is copy the IODF and place it on the COD res pack
WITHOUT bringing up the COD(as it wouldn't work anyway)
</snip>

Since the IODF is VSAM you'll need it catalogued. I find that the Alias
HLQ to the COD catalog is the easiest way, just like you do with
ServPac,etc. Then change your LOAD parms to point to the COD IODF and
volume.

Jack Kelly
202-502-2390 (Office)

intended