Matan

> why did IBM relased this function only from z/1.10

Make that "Why did IBM released this function only from z/OS V1.11?"

Presumably you are comparing logging on from a 3270 device to TSO (z/OS)
with logging on from a 3270 device to z/VM and that something that is so
obviously useful in VM should at the same time have been implemented in TSO.

I really can't answer that. Perhaps there's some z/OS developer reading this
who can voice an opinion ...

Chris Mason