-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of jack.hamil...@kp.org
Sent: Wednesday, February 24, 2010 6:44 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: Adventure - Or Colossal Cave Adventure

WYLBUR was used by Stanford and SLAC, and by some other academic=20
institutions.=20

There's a commercial version called SuperWylbur, <
http://www.superwylbur.com/>,   I think there was another commercial=20
version called Interact from Online Business Systems, but Mr. Google
is=20
not being helpful on that.

And there were rumors of a DOS or Windows versions, but I was never
able=20
to track it down.
<SNIP>

OBS/WYLBUR (which became ACS/WYLBUR) had WYLBUR/AT which ran under DOS
or Windows. I still have a copy on a floppy. But it apparently has some
issues with Y2K. We found it interesting that we were client-server
capable before anyone had come up with the "client-server" name.

To answer another question, ACS/WYLBUR was in use at many university
sites, and several US Gov't sites, and some other industries were also
using it.

We had one insurance industry customer that told us they decided to get
off WYLBUR and go to TSO. After moving one department to TSO they
realized that they were going to need a CPU upgrade. At that time they
had 200+ users per WYLBUR image (and I don't know how many images they
had running). We also don't know how big a department was (we assumed
about 50 logon accounts). They decided that WYLBUR was not going to go
away after all.

Regards,
Steve Thompson