Took me a while to read Dave Yackels paper and the apars, but:

>Having said that I still think IBM would have done the majority of users
>a favor to ship the new default as .FORNSSI *NONE and provided
>appropriate HOLD(ACTION) and updated publications.

The latter is the most important. Even the z/OS 1.7 books don't show the new
parm.
In our case, this stuff got 'sneaked in' (we're pre 1.4.2) in preparation
for z/OS 1.6. (And the stuff came in 1.6 accepted via the pac). I am unsure
whether it is required maintenance for coexistence or if it came due to the
refresh we (finally) installed. So we may not even have seen the parm in 1.4
(Certainly I didn't know about it before Knut made his post.)

Regards, Barbara Nitz