From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf
Of Paul Gilmartin
Sent: Wednesday, March 03, 2010 7:22 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: Mixed case to a CLIST from ISPF command line?

On Wed, 3 Mar 2010 07:24:44 -0600, Robert Birdsall wrote:

>(I hate case-sensitive commands and file names).

Recognize, of course, that OS/360 was one of the earliest systems
to perpetrate this behavior, by making its Data Management Services
case-sensitive.  It's easier to exhibit nowadays:

    //DOIT     EXEC PGM=IEWL,PARM='MAP,LET,LIST,NCAL,CASE=MIXED'
    //SYSPRINT  DD  SYSOUT=(,)
    //SYSTERM   DD  SYSOUT=(,)
    //HANDLE    DD  DISP=(MOD,CATLG),SPACE=(1000,(1000,,5)),UNIT=SYSALLDA,
    //  DSN=&SYSUID..TEST.MIXED.CASE
    //SYSLMOD   DD  DISP=SHR,DSN=*.HANDLE,VOL=REF=*.HANDLE
    //SYSLIB    DD  DISP=SHR,DSN=SYS1.LINKLIB
    //SYSLIN    DD  *
      INCLUDE SYSLIB(IEFBR14)
      NAME FooBar(R)
    //*

I hate APIs that won't let me access files in the intrinsically
case-sensitive filesystem.

-- gil