From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf
Of esst...@juno.com
Sent: Saturday, March 06, 2010 1:22 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: IBM Plans to Discontinue REDBOOK Series

IBM REDBOOKS have been a rich source of information for Years.
I have always directed new bees to the ABCs of MVS (all 12 Volumes)
as a starting point.

Without identifying individuals I have it on good authority that IBM
intended to stop developing the "REDBOOK" Series of publications.
My contact at IBM, stated that other IBMers displayed there resentment to
dis-continuing the IBM REDBOOKS series.

REDBOOKs do not only affect the Mainframe, they affect all other
distributed platforms.

Apparently the Bean Counters at IBM only understand numbers.
How does one put a $$$$$ Value on Intellectual Capital ?

The Discontinuance of the REDBOOK Series  has been postponed to 2011.
2010 will be the last Year for any New IBM REDBOOKS.

This is a bad decision on IBMs part.

You Comments

Diet Help
Cheap Diet Help Tips. Click here.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/c?cp=322ZpkcD1O_69jHFqK2GQQAAJ1DMCv
I8C_EKS4yGKHO7DleMAAYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYQAAAAAA=