From: Martin Packer <martin_pac...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject: Re: IBM Plans to Discontinue REDBOOK Series
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Date: Monday, March 8, 2010, 7:37 AM

Without going into the specifics I'd observe that there is a CONTINUAL
need for customers to tell IBM how much they value Redbooks. Likewise,
there's always a need for IBMers to articulate why Redbooks are very much
in IBM's own interest.

(I say this as someone who enormously enjoys WRITING Redbooks, and the
contacts and learning that flow from being involved in the writing. But
it's still true, despite my vested interest.)

Martin Packer,
Mainframe Performance Consultant,
Worldwide Banking Center of Excellence, IBM

+44-7802-245-584

email: martin_pac...@uk.ibm.com

Twitter / Facebook IDs: MartinPacker