In a message dated 10/20/2005 8:59:35 A.M. Central Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

I agree  with your sentiments, WAS is good for us and if we pull this off
we  probably keep our jobs. Our developers can see the value of the
mainframe  as a means of one stop shopping, if you will, for how they want
to get the  data and then present it. But, the cost to manage this
environment may, in  our case, be prohibitive to management spending the
money we'll need to  furnish a clean running environment. Now, my job is to
be as cost  effective as possible but show where we may will need to adjust
for an  upgrade that has already been put in front of management. Based on
new  requirements and how those requirements need to be managed from a
resource  perspective should help me justify additional resources. All I
can do is  present the data and then its all up to the suits.

Thanks for your  input.

More tools for the carpenter? From today's announcements:
An innovative diagnosis--the ESB Health Check

The ESB and  Integration Health Check contains three unique
scenarios--Connecting  Applications, Integrating Applications
and the Enterprise Service  Bus.  Each scenario offers you
thought-provoking diagnostic  questions, insightful survey
results, analyst opinions, customer  examples and Web events
that help to illustrate integration strategies  in action.
There is even a direct link to a team that can help  answer
your questions.  Visit the new IBM ESB and Integration  Health
Check site today.
http://www.ibm.com/isource/cgi-bin/goto?on=na5if1030