I think we all understand the intent of 'floting'.  Moreover, Miklos Szigetvari
writes English very much better than I should write Hungarian if I were
required to do so.

Why then address this difference?

The answer is that threads that have quaint titles vanish into the archives
essentially without trace.  No one looking for information about floating-point
performance will also look for information about floting-point performance.

The first native speaker of English who responds to such a post should correct
its title, silently and minimally.

This forum is not the place for lessons in English orthography, and
discouraging non-native speakers of English from posting in no part of what we
are about here.  Moreover, style is not important; but substantive keyword
correctness is.

John Gilmore Ashland, MA 01721-1817 USA

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/210850552/direct/01/