Without having the ability to backup an offline volume or being able to
bring the volume online to an LPAR where the original source disk is not
online, your only option is to perform an ICKDSF relabel of the disk and
then vary it online and do a regular backup with DFSMSdss. You will need to
manually manage the fact that the datasets contained on the relabelled
volume are not catalogued.

Stephen Mednick
Computer Supervisory Services
Sydney, Australia