If you really want to get granular, STROBE is an excellent tool, just
havinng spend the last 3 days buried in it.  It also has a nice GUI for the
reports.

And if you really want to get granular the Indexing feature will actually
show how much CPU each line of code in your program is using.

>You also need a real reason to do it, because (Heisenberg) the monitors
>can get in the way of what they're monitoring.
btw:  Heisenberg's Rule of Uncertainty is fair more than merely
"experimental clumsiness".

According the the "Anthropic Principle"  vis-a-vis the quantum physicists,
it is "observer created reality".  You know, like the "tree in the forest"
or even better yet, the "Big Bang".

Who was around for that?

On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 3:00 PM, Ted MacNEIL <eamacn...@yahoo.ca> wrote:

> >For instance, can I break down the CPU time into more
> detail to see what is actually consuming these cycles?
>
> You need a monitor like OMEGAMON, or a GTF trace.
> You also need a real reason to do it, because (Heisenberg) the monitors can
> get in the way of what they're monitoring.
>
> Are you solving a problem, or are you just curious?
> -
> Too busy driving to stop for gas!

George Henke
(C) 845 401 5614