On 19 March 2010 12:16, Ron Wells <rwe...@agfinance.com> wrote:
> Not doing what I was hoping ..so question
> If PC that is FTP'ing to me is using code page 437....

Are you sure it is using CP 437? That was typically used by MS DOS,
and not by Windows. How did the data get onto the PC?

In CP 437, an upper case N-tilde (Ñ) is X'A5'. In CP 819 (ISO Latin-1)
and "Windows Western" it is at X'D1'. So you need to be sure what you
are converting *from*, first. How are you viewing the Ñ on the PC?
Browse the data with a hex editor and be sure.

> what would the code page for ascii to ebcdic for converting Spanish N(~)
> tilde on top of the N.??

Then you need to think about the target code page. If you are in North
America, it is probably either CP 037 or 1140, but both have Ñ in the
same position X'69'. If you are using one of the European CPs, such as
that for Spain (CP 284 with Ñ at X'7B'), then you have a different
requirement. What is going to be processing or displaying/printing the
EBCDIC data on the mainframe? If it is going to wind up being
displayed on a 3270 that is actually a PC emulator, then you need to
think about the translation back to ASCII at that stage!

Tony H.