> Writing is harder.

As I recall, define a DD with DD * and then write to it.

Charles
-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf
Of Paul Gilmartin
Sent: Sunday, March 21, 2010 2:40 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: Creating an I/O error

On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 21:23:56 +0000, Gainsford, Allen wrote:

>Possibly silly question, but I need to test a SYNAD routine, and I can't
think of any way to actually produce an I/O error upon command.  Can anyone
point out any solutions?

Create a Unix file with lines longer than LRECL; allocate it with
FILEDATA=TEXT and read it.

With practically any Classic data set, allocate it with overriding
BLKSIZE < size of an actual block; read it.

Writing is harder.

-- gil