Diane,
Based on the below code snip segment, your installation has a "magic" SVC
to get into SUP STATE KEY 0. which is also an integrity exposure, but that
is another topic.  If the code that acquires the code is able to get into
SUP STATE KEY 0 to do the STORAGE OBTAIN, simply get the storage in KEY 0,
and change the updating code to get into sup state around the updates.
Subpool 241 is non-fetch protected, which means that any key can reference
the storage, so as has been mentioned, readers won't care a bit, just the
updating programs need to be modified.

Wayne Driscoll
OMEGAMON DB2 L3 Support/Development
wdrisco(AT)us.ibm.com